2006- 2008- Certificate of Fine Arts - The Art Centre
- Fifteen specialized studios and an emphasis on studio work. The 3 yr curriculum stresses drawing and design for a sound foundation. Courses include ceramics, painting, printmaking, photography, sculpture, life drawing, digital media and communications. Was admitted into second year with defered standing.
1992- 1996 Honours B.A -York University
Honours BA in English and Anthropology
- Awarded for academic achievement in final year
Sept 2008-present - Printmaking Technician - The Art Centre
- Responsible for managing the technical aspects of the studio, including inventory, maintenance, calibration of presses, mixing of chemicals, creation of educational documentation, and teacher's aide to curriculum.
2010 - Jury member - Queen West Art Crawl
- Assessment and rating of Artists work, with the goal of finalizing the participating artists.
May 2009- Nov 2010 - Council member - Medallic Arts Society of Canada
- Strategy development and execution
- Developed branding strategy
- Steering of membership
- Assisting in the organization of exhibits
- Recording Secretary
- Responsible for MASC silkscreen design, construction of screens and creating branded merchandise
June 26-July 18, 2010 Williams Mill Gallery Medallic Arts Society of Canada council members’ show
- 2 handheld sculptures/medallions
May 14, 2010 Integral House (Rosedale, Toronto) Zoom2
- Commissioned to create a huge pebble entitled "Calm" to interact with Zata Omm dancers for the event.
- Display of several handheld bronze sculptures
March 26, 2010 Gladstone Hotel Queen West Art Crawl’s Synthesis
- Interdisciplinary Art Gala. 1 of 10 fine artists chosen to be paired with 10 performance artists reacting against the same theme. A song was written and performed in response to a lino block print that was created for the event.
Dec 1,2009-Jan31,2010 Gardiner Museum Anniversary Medal Show
- 2 hand-held sculptures/medallions
September 18-20, 2009 Queen West Art Crawl “Retail Space” Exhibitor Easy Restaurant
- Original silkscreened shirt designs for wait staff
March 2009 Danceworks Harbourfront Centre "Frames"
May 2008-June 2008 Gallery 1313 "Grad Show ’08"
- Paintings and Lino Prints
May 2008-June 2008 Second Cup Gallery 537 Bloor St West
May 2008 - The Art Centre Exhibition "Annual Student and Staff Show"
- Painting, printmaking, sculpture, drawings
April 2008-May 2008 Central Gallery "Varied Editions"
- Painting, printmaking, sculpture, drawings
February 2008-March 2008 Central Gallery and Archives "Sculpture Smatterings"
- Fired Clay and Lucite female figure, bronze and cedar écorché
May 2007 The Art Centre "Exhibition Annual Student and Staff Show"
- Painting, printmaking, sculpture, drawings, computer imaging
March 2007-April 2007 The Art Centre "Printmaking Exhibition"
- Lino block print, zinc etching
February 2007-March 2007 Central Gallery "3D Directions"
- Synthesized head (densite), Portrait bust (ciment fondu)
November 2006 The Art Centre "2006 Annual Artisan Craft Show"
- Screenprints, ceramics, digital photography
“Town Crier” September 2007 edition “Adult Art Training Offered at Local High School for Eight Decades”
“Shades of Blue” 1999 Novel “Selected short works of fiction”
- 2010 “Calm” approx. 2.5’ tall, 5’ diameter river pebble compressed foam, casting gypsum William Yong with Zata Omm Dance Projects
- 2009 “Cirilla” Sculptural Headpiece fibreglass, plastic, canvas and epoxy resin William Yong with Zata Omm Dance Projects
- 2008 “cubist maiden, mother and crone” Acrylic on canvas private collection of Laura Dobson
- 2007 Figurative house numbers fired clay and pine private collection of Laura Dobson
- 2006 Electron Microscope-inspired pointillism private collection of Kim Walkes
- 2006 “Prince Edward Island harbour” pointillism (india ink on illustration board) private collection of Rodney Hayden
- 2005 Gift certificate computer design commissioned by Sabrina Rowe as a wedding present
- 2000 Brochure design design, copy Automotive A2Z
- 1999 “Shades of Blue” Book cover and back design and layout
- 1998 Logo design Park and Stack (group work)
- 1998 Logo design/mascot/branding strategy/t-shirt design Enbridge Call Centre help system (group work)
- 1997 photo shoot band photography for “Wibijazzin” a capella group
- 1996 logo design, layout and copy editing, article writing and production Vandoo newspaper York University
References and client testimonials available upon request